Selam joined MLA’s Employment practice team as an associate in 2019. Prior to joining our team, Selam has worked as an associate in a local law office rendering legal consultancy services on various areas of law. She has also worked at the Ethiopian Intellectual Property Office and Mekelle University.
- LL.B, Mekelle University, School of law, Ethiopia (2013)
- LL.M in tax and investment, Mekelle University, School of law, Ethiopia (2015)
- Assisted a regional bank on drafting country-level employment rules and individual employment agreements
- Advised a non-profit organization on the employment of foreign and local employees and recruitment process;
- Advised international companies on the appointment of commercial representative and managers as well as drafted appointment letters;
- Assisted clients on various labor-related matters including drafting and reviewing employment agreements, appointment letters, and collective agreements; advising on working hours and overtime payment; preparing legal memo on procedures and requirements for obtaining work permits for foreign nationals working in Ethiopia; and
- Conducted research on various legal issues