Position: Junior Associate
Biography: Ayele Woubshet is a junior associate in MLA’s Employment and Immigration practice, where he primarily works on labour law matters. Prior to MLA, Ayele worked as a researcher in a human rights NGO, a government think-tank and later as a research consultant in a consultancy firm.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration & Political Science, Stockholm University, Sweden, (2015).
- LLB, Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom, (2019).
- Prepared legal updates that analyzed the latest directives and proclamations regarding Covid-19, the privatization of public enterprises as well as the retention and utilization of foreign currency earnings.
- Prepared legal opinions for clients on issues ranging from employment law, insurance law, environmental law and international law.
- Reviewed insurance policies, environmental guidelines, collective agreements, separation agreements, employment contracts as well as documents that outlined the work rules and disciplinary procedures of employers.
- Assisted in the processing of a work and residency permit for a foreign national working in Ethiopia as well as assisted in the registration of employees into Ethiopia’s private organization employees’ social security pension system.